Spain captain Rodri says he is ready to “feel that excitement again” after completing his move to Barcelona from Manchester City.
The 30-year-old midfielder signed a four-year contract with the Spanish champions on Tuesday after Barcelona agreed a deal worth around £65 million for the 2024 Ballon d’Or winner.
Barcelona confirmed that Rodri’s contract will run until 2030, bringing an end to one of the summer’s biggest transfer sagas.
Read Also: Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
After two rejected bids, Barcelona and Manchester City reached an agreement on Sunday, with the final package reportedly rising to €76.5 million ($88.6 million) including bonuses.
Rodri subsequently travelled to Barcelona to complete his move and was officially unveiled by the club on Tuesday.
“I’m very happy and excited about this new stage in my career,” Rodri said.
“It’s a fresh challenge, a chance to experience new things and feel that excitement again.”
Rodri targets Champions League success
The Spain international returns to La Liga for the first time since leaving Atletico Madrid for Manchester City in 2019.
After seven trophy-laden seasons at City, Rodri had been linked with a move to Real Madrid before eventually choosing their arch-rivals.
The midfielder helped City win 12 major trophies, including four Premier League titles and the 2023 Champions League.
Rodri endured injury problems over the past two seasons but returned to his best form at the 2026 World Cup, where he played a key role in Spain’s…
Source link
Read Full Article by Anthony Nlebem at businessday.ng
Source link
